Saturday, October 1, 2011

Kona Contest Time!




The official Kona "Guess my time" contest.



Hi Everyone!  Thanks so much for taking the time to read about my contest.  I'm hoping to do a small contest to friends & local athletes in hopes to help with some of the travel costs to get to Hawaii.  I'm asking for a modest donation/ticket price of $10, but know that this goes directly to travel & accommodation cost of this race.  It will be a small contest & I think you have pretty good odds of getting some great prizes!

How to WIN: Closest person to my Ironman Hawaii time on Oct 8th, 2011.  You can enter up to midnight on Oct 7th.  You can enter by Facebook, twitter, or by email (gillianliz@hotmail.com).  I'll keep track of submissions & keep a list.
How to enter: 
Ticket cost: $10.  
Max # of tickets sold: I will sell no more than 50 tickets, so, you know your odds are pretty good!
Format: Make sure to write down the time in hours:minutes:seconds.  (ie. 16:59:59).  And please don't guess that time :)
Who guessed what?  I'll keep an actively updated list on facebook & my blog for those who want to be strategic!
_________________________
Grand prize:  Timex Global Trainer GPS watch with Heart Rate Monitor (value $375)

Runner up: 30 min complimentary massage therapy treatment by Shawn Trimble, RMT (value $50)

3rd place: 2 weeks coaching services compliments of VANRUNNING (value $50+)




4th place: 45 min nutritional consult with the awesome sports nutritionist Noa Deutsch (value $70)

__________________________

Random draws will also take place for the following (1st, 2nd and 3rd place people will be exempt)

*45 min Core Strengthening session 1-on-1 session with me (value $35)

*Reflective 'Run Cuf' (value $35)

*Asics Sky Speed Women's size 7 (yellow): basically new, only worn 2x (value $100)

*Possibly a bonus mystery Hawaiian prize! (value: clearly priceless)

______________________________


If you have any questions, feel free to email me.  I can collect any money on return or we can sort out a email transfer, so if you enter online, you're committing to the $10.  Just check random jackets for change - you'll probably come up with $10.

I'm leaving for Hawaii but will respond when I can.  And no, I won't tell you what I think I'll get.  But I can tell you my last Ironman time six weeks ago at Ironman Canada was 10:01:58.  If you want to hassle Jeremy and Jerry to get nuggets of knowledge, good luck!  I'll announce the winners in the days following the race.  But you'll probably figure that out before me!  I'll keep you updated on submissions so you don't double up on a number.

Thanks everyone & good luck!
Gillian,
Bib  #1728

No comments:

Post a Comment